Who is the course for?
This course is to help prepare those who are going to sit the CFP™ level 7 case study.
What pre-existing knowledge is required?
Having a good grasp of how to use Excel and prepare financial calculations including TVM is essential. You will also have already passed the Level 6 Advanced Financial Planning examination.
When do I need to submit my case study and when do I get my results?
This course is designed to support the February 2022 submission window.
|Financial Plans to be submitted by the candidate to the CISI by||3 Feb 2022|
|Results available||28 April 2022|
What does it cover?
The CFP™ is the most difficult assessment you will undertake.
This course will cover
- Common mistakes which candidates make resulting in their plan failing due to a misunderstanding of the process.
- Understanding the markers expectations with regard to framing and structuring the plan in line with Financial Planning Process Map
- The assumptions provided to you and the principles that need to be followed to make further assumptions
- A detailed analysis of the standards that you are required to meet
- The example plan and what lesson you can learn for your own plan
You will work on your own case study during the course and should expect to have completed the basic frame of your submission by the end of the course. It is not expected that you will have completed the entire case study during the course.
How do I prepare for the course?
Before the course starts on 7th December you should have read, as a minimum,
- Your case study
- The standards that you will be assessed against
- The sample Case Study
- The Fellows paper on assumptions
we will provide further guidance when you book the course.
How do you get the most from the course?
Many candidates spend 2 full months preparing to submit their plan. This is not necessary or, in many cases, beneficial.
To get the most from the course we would recommend the following
- Come prepared (make sure you know you case study thoroughly)
- Work on your plan during the course, in breaks that we provide and in the evenings.
- Set aside the Friday following the course (or the first available day) to work on your plan.
- Plan exactly what follow up work is required and diarise it
- Work towards submitting your paper by Friday 17 December 2021.
Facilitators: Steve Martin + 1 – find out more
Venue: This course will be delivered remotely via Zoom.
Zoom details will be sent closer to date.
Timings: 10am-4.30pm with a break for lunch
The course will only go ahead if a minimum number of participants (8) has been reached. There’s a cap of 16 people on the course.
|CFP Level 7 Case Study Preparation Course - 7-9 December 2021||£995|