The journey from a financial adviser to a financial planner is often more challenging and time-consuming than many people believe it will be. For those who successfully complete the journey, the rewards for both them and their clients are immense.
The ‘Six Stages of Financial Planning’ course will give you the tools and practical help as you move to become a financial planner. We believe it is the only course which teaches you the ‘how’ of being a financial planner.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for:
- Financial advisers who want to become financial planners
- Financial planners who want to build on their existing skills
- Technical paraplanners
The course is relevant for Certified Financial Planners and non-Certified Financial Planners and for business owners, as well as those who don’t currently own a financial planning practice.
This isn’t the right course for you if you are looking to enhance your academic knowledge or improve your cash flow modelling software skills.
What does the course cover?
The Six Stages of Financial Planning course runs across three days and follows the Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) six-stage process: Establish, Collect, Analyse, Develop, Implement and Review.
Days 1 & 2
- Explain the importance of establishing the correct relationship with the correct clients from the outset
- Why having 100% complete data is fundamental to understanding the client both financially and as a person
- Give you confidence that you have earned a proportion of your fee before you even start to do the normal work of a financial Planner and how to delight your clients with the value that you deliver
Days 3 & 4
- Reveal the 15 assumptions that you need to build effective plans (and none of them are investment returns or inflation!)
- Give you a modelling methodology that you can trust so that you can demand behaviour change from clients
- Give you confidence and certainty that your planning process is robust, defendable and truly enables your business to help guide your clients lives with confidence
Days 5 & 6
- Explain why a plan is worthless without action and execution
- Explain the importance of a well thought through and robust investment solution to fund and drive the plan forward
- Help you to understand how to integrate investment planning with the financial plan
- Reveal why the ongoing planning is perhaps more important than the plan itself and explain the importance of regular reviews to ensure your clients stay on track
- Show how you can demonstrate value each and every year to secure lifelong client relationships
What results have others achieved?
“The course made me think more deeply about the mechanics of cash flow modelling, the assumptions I make on inflation and returns, the questions I pose to clients on current and future lifestyle and the way I frame that conversation. I have made some adjustments to the way I present cashflows and the conversation with clients as a result and a longer-term project is to research more the assumptions I use on the planning stages and move on to sit the CFP.”
– Darren Cooke, Red Circle Financial Planning
“I wanted to get a greater handle on how I deliver great financial planning to clients in a more practical setting rather than doing the CFP exam. The course covered some of the basics and some really practical stuff, which I haven’t considered such as the importance of the assumptions used. I got a great deal of benefits in terms of being able to benchmark myself compared to other firms, the mindset involved when running a financial planning practice and also the importance of financial planning, not just lifestyle planning. I would strongly recommend this training to anyone who is looking to improve what they deliver to clients and are open to outside ideas.”
– Ian Richards, Work to Live.
“I came on the 6 Stages of Financial Planning course to get structure around our planning process and to understand how to successfully articulate through each stage. The course has given me greater confidence in my ability as a financial planner and it has given me the structure that I felt I was missing from our process. Steve and Damien have given me so many great ideas to implement into our business. I would recommend this course to anybody thinking of going on it.”
– Declan Wernham, Simple Solutions
When will the next course take place?
We are running a virtual course during May and June.
The six stages will be covered over six days. All sessions will be available as recordings for those who are unable to attend a particular session.
Wednesday 20th May, 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Thursday 21st May, 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
Wednesday 27th May, 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Thursday 28th May, 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
Wednesday 10th June, 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Thursday 11th June, 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
How do you book your place?
To ensure each delegate receives as much value as possible places are limited to just 20 people per course.
You can reserve your place by clicking ‘Buy Now’ and completing your details.
We will send the Zoom links closer to course dates
If you would prefer to pay in 4 instalments of £200 each (total £800), please click here